Saturday, December 06, 2008

House Tour Day 1

This year I'm starting at the opposite end of the house from last year.
and if I get my timing right, we'll end up at the rumpus room just in time for BooMama's House Tour on the 15th.
So
this is my bedroom, which goes slightly Victorian, slightly shabby chic for Christmas.
There's a lot of cream stuff, silver, crystal [ and glass and plastic pretending to be crystal ] and lace, some touches of burgundy against the backdrop of the green walls. Bedlinen gets changed for burgundy - although still with cream lace for the top layer of pillows - and even though you can't see it, I know it's there!!


There are hunter green-and-burgundy plaid bows tied in strategic places, like on my gooseneck bedside light.**
and see - I told you - burgundy sheets

Of course there's a tree - and because it's my room - it has vintage bell knitting needle gauges, an ivory needle case, antique silver [and not-so-antique-nor-silver ] scissors, although I've left the bellydance coins off this year.



It would be fair to say that it's not overtly Christmassy but I just lovelovelove waking up in this room all through December ... which is kinda weird because I'm not normally a frilly girlie girl

**Actually this is an official Catsmum Christmas Decorating Rule : if it sits still long enough, tie a big bow on it. This applies equally to light fittings and fixtures, chairs, corners of tablecloths, bed ends, cats, dogs, goats and visitors.

and:
current ornament attrition by cats - 0
current ornament attrition by dog - 1 ... and dogs don't just knock 'em off the tree. They EAT 'em!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for letting me know about the tour and how it works.

I love your room!!! I did get one of our guests rooms finished about 3 months ago and was so looking forward to decorating for Christmas with vintage pink shiny brite balls and the yummy vintage tinsel which I have never seen again!

We have had a family living with us for almost 2 months. The wifeand daughter went back home and so the man is still in it- I don't think he would appreciate a pink tree!!!! Maybe next year!!

Loved coming over to your blog and I will be back!

blessings
mary

Tanya Brown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yes,I noticed Bear's bow yesterday, sooo cute! Did he eat that too?

Alwen said...

My mother had similar drapes when I was a little girl. It's looking beautiful - shall I send you some of our snow?

Sheepish Annie said...

Yay! The tour has begun! The bedecking with bows has begun!! Now it's Christmas!!!

Carol said...

Oh I love the angels, this is absolutely beautiful.

Nadie said...

Dogs eat ornaments, goats eat fly screens, cats eat bugs. This is the way it must be.

Room looks great as always, and the tartan ribbon really suits Bear (next post), really works with his scottie look

Warty Mammal said...

Ooooh. Ahhhh. My goodness, you have so much talent. I'll bet you could nail an old tuna fish can to the wall and make it look festive.

Lynne said...

Beautiful as ever!

I hope he didn't eat a glass ornament!