Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday Fotos - Possession is 9/10ths of the law

My quilt
mine!!
mmm quilt
zzzzz

Two years ago I just hung the preprinted panel
Last year it got borders - and I hung the top as was
This year it went up like that again until I started feeling guilty and decided to try and get it finished
Last weekend I found a nice plaid backing and some batting and pin basted - and it's been on the table all week while other things happened around it.
... Like my birthday
and Carols in the Park
... Like trying to finish MIL's Christmas faroese shawl
and making a few extra snowflakes
Every time I even LOOK like starting to work on it, there is a cat on there
Now if I can just keep him off it for a while it might get quilted

wish me luck

7 comments:

Alwen said...

And he looks so comfy!

Anonymous said...

Very cute. Your dog is adorable - he/she looks so much like my dog Clancy. We have no clue what Clancy is - what breed is your dog?

mehitabel said...

I think he's got a quilt. How could you bear to move him off it to try to finish it? Hang it on a wall when a boy wants to cuddle with it?

TinkingBell said...

I missed your birthday - happy (if a bit sad) birthday - know how you feel - and adore all the decorations!

Anonymous said...

I think it would be mean to move him off of it! Happy Belated Birthday!

Sheepish Annie said...

I'm thinking that you might not get too much further with that project. Possession might just be 11/10ths of the law...

Anonymous said...

Just rattle a food bowl when you actually want to really work on the quilt.
I brought two home from being machine quilted and placed them on a chair till I get energy to trim and bind them and YOU KNOW WHO has of course chosen them as the new best most favorite seat in the house.
Well second most to my bed.