Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Free Pattern: Crochet Scarflet




I made this early last year and always meant to share the pattern but somehow didn't get around to it. More than once I've had to scrawl an approximation of the pattern for someone at a meeting or even in a coffee shop, so now I can just point 'em here. It's quite versatile and can be worn as a little capelet or twirled and it becomes a scarf.

NOTE
this pattern uses British/Australian terminology - for my American friends, tr = your dc, and dc = your sc

Yarn: Spotlight Basics Acrylic 8-ply [ yes ACKrylic. I bow my head in shame but it was an experiment . What can I say?]
any 8 ply/DK/sport weight yarn will do - 100 grams/ 300 metres
hook: 4.5mm
gauge: approximately 14 stitches and 9 rows to 4" over treble

117 chain
row1 - tr in 4th ch from hook, tr to end
row2 - 3 ch, 1 tr in each st to end
row3 - as row 2
row4 - 3 ch,* tr in next 2 stitches, 2tr in next st,* repeat to end of row
rows 5, 6 & 7 - as row 2
row8 - as row 4
row 9 & 10 - as row 2
row 11 - as row 4
row 12 & 13 - as row 2
row 14 - as row 4
row 15 - as row 2
row 16 -edging -* ch 4, miss 3 of these ch, 2 tr in last ch,miss 3 tr, 1 dc in next tr* repeat to end.
I ended off here but you can continue the edging all the way around if you have enough yarn.

As always this is for personal or charity use only. Please don't sell or teach without permission.
Knew you'd do the right thing. Thankyou :]

9 comments:

Rose Red said...

Oooh pretty - thanks for sharing!

Sheepish Annie said...

Fabulous!!! I'm glad you included the US translation. I actually knew that singles and doubles are a different lingo for you. But, I doubt I would have remembered...

It's a lovely scarf and thanks so much for posting the pattern.

Linda Mullen said...

Seems weird to read Tuesday when it's Monday here LOL. I see you've been keeping busy. Love the quilt btw. Have a nice day.

Linda Mullen said...

Seems weird to read Tuesday when it's Monday here LOL. I see you've been keeping busy. Love the quilt btw. Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

SQUIGGLEY!

Sarah said...

I just love that!

Lee Ann said...

Beautiful scarflette! Thank you! :)
______
Lee Ann H
Crochet...Gotta Love It! Blog
Crochet...Gotta Love It! Website (crochet names and rosary patterns)

catsmum said...

Just a clarification - by all means sell a few scarfletes made from this pattern, just don't sell THE PATTERN that i gave you freely, okay :)

catsmum said...

Just a clarification - by all means sell a few scarfletes made from this pattern, just don't sell THE PATTERN that i gave you freely, okay :)