Thursday, September 28, 2006

the spring is sprung with a vengeance [ and some totally gratuitous cat photos]

Yup.. it's Spring .
Wanna know how I know?
I'm sunburnt ... it got down to half a degree last night but today I still managed to fry myself.
Allow me to elucidate further... english, irish and scots genes equals someone who can get burnt just hanging out the washing ... in a broadbrimmed hat ... and sunscreen ... 30+
Actually the hat and sunscreen worked fine where they were applied which is to say on my face ... just not on the back and side of my neck and across my less than ample chest.
It was such a glorious day. The sky was that pure cornflower blue... no clouds ... temp in the mid 20s [C], the lawnmowers which is to say Rosie and Robyn, were hoeing into the luxurious growth over the septic line, and I succumbed to the siren call of the latest Kerry Greenwood, a pot of chai and fresh out of the oven hazelnut vanilla bikkies. Half an hour tops.
That was enough it seems.

4 comments:

Nadie said...

Just in case anyones wondering why someone would have a camera in the bath, that pic was taken on my phone (well why should I put my bath on hold just cos I'm expecting a call?).

~Jody said...

Your cats are hysterical - drinking out of the tub lol. In the dryer? That's pricless!!

Sheepish Annie said...

How funny! I have one cat who loves drinking out of the tub. And I'm forever pulling her out of the dryer. One of these days I fear that I'm not going to notice her lurking in there!

English/Irish/Scottish heritage on this end, too! I burn just changing light bulbs!!

Craftybernie said...

I've seen it all now! Great cats!