Saturday, September 23, 2006

AAAGHHHHHHHHH why do I do this to myself?


I'm totally in need of a knitting fix ... some crochet even ... just a little action on second sock for Nadie ... really ... just for a minute or two.
Nope
Let me spell it out for you:
Q-U-I-L-T---S-H-O-W --- less than 3 weeks away ---'to do' list not getting any shorter.
I have to:
  • bind 3 sides of a queen sized quilt
  • piece, quilt and bind my thingy for the challenge [ currently a pile of blocks and an idea]
  • finish HAND quilting and bind the japanese quilt
doesn't look like such a big list does it ? It's not like I have a house to look after, a garden growing weeds as we speak, things to do, people to see, is it?
Wrong
...do you know how long it takes just to hand sew 600" of binding [ yep that's the total for the 3 quilts ] six hundred inches ... 50 flipping feet of it ...oh bloody hell...must sew faster... must sew faster.
*Insert nervous breakdown here*
ADDED later:
Before I was just guestimating ... now I've measured and the grand total, counting the hanging casings is 672" or 56 '. On the plus side ... I've finished the QS deconstructed Log Cabin.
The blocks for the challenge quilt have been laid out, rearranged, rearranged again...and again ...and ...
I've started sewing them together. As well as that, I've stencilled a quote from william Blake onto the top border with Shiva antique gold paintstik. All of which tells you very little about what I'm up to. Not having access to my photos is driving me bonkers.

5 comments:

Nadie said...

just dont do your wrist again

catsmum said...

Yes maam :] [ hey, who is the mother here? ] ... If I start getting the little electric tingles I promise I'll stop. There will always be another quilt show!
I've managed a side and a half of Dave's quilt since I posted, so about 11 feet to go on that one

Anonymous said...

bwaaa haaa haaa love the "knitting Mona Lisa"!
Now sweetie - BREATHE, BREEEEEAAAAATHE!! It will all be ok. (I can say this somewhat smugly since sewing down bindings is my favourite part!)

Sheepish Annie said...

This is one of those times that I'm glad I have mediocre talent and can't "show" anything! I'm sure you'll make it with time to spare. Hang in there!

Nora said...

You'll make it! Can't wait to see the Japanese quilt. Good luck.