Tuesday, September 12, 2006

blogs without photos are...

boring... and my card reader has died, so no photos until I can get the new one. A pity because I have been quite productive today [ and you'll just have to take my word for it ]
The japanese 'peace' quilt top is done. The last sashiko dragonfly was stitched yesterday while I enjoyed the early Spring sunshine, and today I put the top together. Tomorrow is quilt group so I'll either sandwhich the top/ batting / backing OR continue on sewing down the binding on David's Queen sized Deconstructed Log Cabin " Licorice Allsorts". Depends on whether there's enough table room for basting.
I was supposed to do a 4 hour Clogging [ Appalachian Tap] class tonight in Bendigo, but my knee was playing up so discretion being the better part of valour, I stayed home with my foot up and did some knitting: baby wool in aqua for a fine little garter stitch feather-and-fan variation scarf. I think it'd make a nice pattern for anyone who was thinking of making a first step into lace, so I may write it up and post it somewhere on here.
It's a bugger that I can't post any new photos so I'll show you a bit of what Castlemaine looks like. As you can see, it's a typical aussie goldrush era town. Loads of character. If the last photo looks at all familiar, you were probably once a fan of Blue Heelers. A lot of the external photography was done in and around Castlemaine. According to friend Jasmine, those three dormer windows in the roof once housed the local ladies-of-the-nght.

5 comments:

Becka said...

I love the Imperial Hotel photo! Sounds like a gorgeous quilt, can't wait to see the FO!

Nadie said...

New card reader is here waiting for you, in the meantime what about the cable the camera came with? You were able to connect it up before you got the card reader afterall

catsmum said...

yeah but remember that the disc got lost in the move and then T reformatted the beastie. That was the reason for the card reader in the first place.
I'll survive until the weekend.
Quilt got basted today.

catsmum said...

btw Nadie, if you want to see a really elegant puss-cat, click on whimsical knitting's link above and go check out Moshi.

Susan Tidwell said...

Lovely town, great pictures. Love the purple flowers on earlier post, also. Thanks for sharing.