Monday, September 18, 2006

Jacqy to the rescue



The lovely Jacqy Wong emailed me these photos from the Australian Quilters' Association Symposium held this past weekend.

This first one is some of Jacqy's pieces of shiborii and that's me in the middle in the black T-shirt

Unfortunately, the ones from the japanese design class don't photograph particularly well because of the way they were just pinned onto a piece of fabric. Some of the fabrics were ab-so-lute-ly drool-worthy. BTW: What looks like a big plain square of navy on that one in the centre has actually been marked with a calligraphy crane [to be reverse appliqued ] and flowing water lines to be sashiko stitched in bold, big stitches in white cotton thread.

Anyway, at least it will give you an idea of what we got up to.

I've been feeling a bit out of whack all day today, which I can only put down to sleep deprivation. I love staying with DD but I've gotten out of the habit of being able to tolerate road noise.

Today was David's 28th birthday ...I'm not sure that he actually realises that fact. His birthday started a week ago when we were down for the baptism of my Great-Niece, then continued on Thursday night when his social group threw him a birthday BBQ, and then today, I took cake to his Day Placement for morning tea, and he got a celebratory cookie after work. I think the favourite pressie is his new ottoman. The boy does love having his feet up by the fire and watching the tube.

The words aren't flowing very well tonight ...probably courtesy of the tiredness ...

WORD OF THE DAY : sesquipidalian ... which is essentially a big word for people who like using big words .. so there ya go! Fibre related ramblings AND erudition.

3 comments:

Micki said...

Looks like it was a great symposium. The oriental pieces are lovely.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I don't know why you could not see the one picture, everything is fine on my end.

lisette said...

oh i wish i had been able to go to the symposium - it looks like it was wonderful. i had planned to go but we all came down with the flu :( maybe next year...

catsmum said...

it's only every 2 years Lisette but next year you can go to Waverley Patchworkers one ... it's generally a bit bigger than the AQA one