Thursday, November 08, 2007

that was then ...






and this is now...
the girls are two months old on the weekend and how they've grown!! - and I know where it's all coming from too.
Poor Rosie has lost so much condition, even with my best efforts at feeding her up, that I'll have to seriously think about any future breeding plans. I'm giving her premium quality oats, hay, lucerne, seaweed meal, supplemented with dolomite [ calcium and magnesium ], molasses and cider vinegar - the total cost of which is staggering - but still she's looking appallingly thin and her hair has no lustre. The Vet didn't really have anything to add to what I'm already doing, except the suggestion that I add cracked corn to the menu, so I'll be trying to find some tomorrow.
oh well, onto cute things:
... little half-sis next door who still doesn't have a name.
ETA : I've just been told that her name is Bella.

... and a gratuitous Sophie cat

3 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

::siniff:: The babies are growing up...it makes me a bit emotional! I hope that Rosie turns around soon, I'm sure that the stress will pass and she'll perk up.

catsmum said...

yeah it does rather take the edge off the pleasure associated with sweet little things when the mummy is not exactly blooming despite all my best efforts :[

mehitabel said...

Well it is hard work nursing twins--not that I would know from personal experience. However, I've had a kitty mum who was definitely worn out from nursing her first litter, and she did perk up after they were weaned. She had a couple of litters after that but never seemed quite as stressed--maybe it's just the "first child syndrome." Good luck to her anyway, and the babies are obviously thriving!