Sunday, November 11, 2007

Fred and George and an RFO

So you all know that a UFO means an UnFinished Object, right? and an FO is, by extension, a finished object. Correct?
Well this, my dear friends, is an RFO:
a RE-Finished Object.
So how can you finish something that's already finished? That is what you were about to ask, right??
Allow me to ellucidate.
I stitched this Saint Nick in 2002, along with three others. That Christmas and the next couple, they were displayed framed, which worked fine at the other house... but this one is 1000 sq feet smaller and has a completely different arrangement of the available wall space, so there are far fewer framed 'things on walls' that can be replaced at Christmas. There are still a lot - just far fewer than at the other. So what I did last year was to re-finish some of the previously finished objects by adding border and binding
This works because I can just peg any number of them onto a line strung between doorframes.
Herewith the proof from last year:
and yesterday I did the last one in the set.
...so the Christmas count for this month so far is:
one Santa
one Saint Nick wallhanging
and 18 crochet snowflakes
and the fat man is coming in 6 weeks and 2 days - 44 days !!!


and completely OT:
Fred and George have found some new friends:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHA! I wondered when Chez Catsmum would start the holiday decorating!

catsmum said...

I'll probably start around the weekend of the 23rd/24th

MadMad said...

What a great idea to hang them that way! Love 'em, btw.

Sheepish Annie said...

Let's hear it for RFO's!!! Those look great and I like the way you made them work in the smaller space. It would be a shame to not hang them...

Nadie said...

I had to explain to Chris about tea dying and that its supposed to look old. Anyway Looks good

catsmum said...

Ahh yes Nadie but that one is extra tea dyed because it's the one that Rocky tried to eat and the chew marks didn't quite come out. You wouldn't remember but I had to patch the batting on the back where he tore into it.