Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes

... still in full Julie Andrews mode and apologies to MadMad for the earworm
I designed my own crochet snowflake
not huge on the scale of earth shattering things that occurred today but I'm pretty damned pleased with my effort.
Now I have to do it again before I forget what I did and this time WRITE IT DOWN.
After that there will be a pause to translate Aussie English crochet terms into American and then there will be the ritual sharing via a link in the sidebar.

7 comments:

crazyhaberdasher said...

Hi Ms Andrews!
This snowflake is particularly lovely!
Just running through the lyrics of that song (which has been on my mind since you posted about it!) you have - raindrops on roses (tick), whiskers on kittens (tick), bright copper kettles (tick), warm woollen mittens or fingerless gloves (tick), brown paper packages (from the post office) (tick), ponies - next door (tick), bells (on the xmas tree) (tick), geese - or ducks (tick) white and blue (tick), snowflakes (tick) .... well including the goats, you have all the makings of a musical!

Bells said...

Oh nice work! Aren't you Ms Clever Trousers!

Denise said...

Oh that is so pretty, I'd even get my crochet hooks out of retirement to make one of those!

Sara said...

Susan, that snowflake is very pretty! It seems to have a little more texture to it...it is amazing to see these snowflakes. I admire your ability to crochet. I can't even crochet a chain!

blessedspeedy said...

Good one - I STILL cant get the song out of my head - and NOW I want to make snowflakes.....sigh.....

Anonymous said...

Hey Susan--just saw your snowflake--wow it is so pretty.
maria in n.c.

MadMad said...

Oh, very pretty! I'll be ready and waiting. Rose Red kind of got me hooked on crochet again. You know, 'cuz I didn't have enough to do in my life... Oh well.