Friday, December 24, 2010

Last Minute Christmas Sewing

I never do this
never
ever
I don't race around at the last minute trying to finish off gifts ... mainly because that's normally a sure fire recipe for having everything go wrong, right ?
but here's the thing
even though MIL is blind and won't know the difference, I really wasn't happy with the wrap-around apron that I made for her.
It is pretty enough, and would serve the stated purpose, but there were things about the finishing that I wasn't thrilled with: the purchased bias was too narrow and I didn't really like the way I'd zig-zagged in on.
So I've just spent a couple of hours making version 2.0,

and this time I grabbed a hunk of contrast fabric and cut 2" bias strips with my rotary cutter, then fed them through my handy dandy [ seldom used ] Clover 1" bias maker.
Much much better.
and no I'm not showing you the first one.
That was the whole point of remaking it.

one sleep to go!!

9 comments:

Dorothy said...

Nice apron Susan - I'm sure your MIL will love it, especially as you made it for her. Have a lovely Christmas day tomorrow.

~Niki~ said...

Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family xoxo

Donna Lee said...

I don't do the last minute gift thing either. I'm afraid I'll muck it up.

Merry Christmas to you rnd yours!

Kate/Massachusetts said...

I really like that apron! It is lovely and I'm sure MIL will love it. Mery Christmas, Susan!

lisette said...

happy christmas lovey xxxxx

catsmum said...

MIL is not known for her tact - so if she says she likes something, she really likes it.
Her response to the apron was " this is the best present you could have given me "
YAY

Alwen said...

Woo hoo!

It reminds me of my husband's grandmother.

omly said...

I love this pattern. I know this is your v2.0, but do you remember where you got the pattern to start v1.0 originally?

catsmum said...

it was the "Gussie" apron by Rebecca Ruth Designs. She has some quite stylish wrap ones too