Thursday, December 02, 2010

Christmas House Tour Day 2

In keeping with yesterday's stated aim of easing you into the Catsmum Christmas experience, today's offering is David's bedroom.

This is the only room in the house that gets the tinsel treatment.


not that I have anything against tinsel personally, it's more that - as you'll soon see - round here, it would be overkill.


[ that thud you just heard was Sheepie fainting dead away from shock over there in Maine ]

If you thought that my festive zeal knew no limits, you may consider yourselves told otherwise

... and while we're on the subject of personal seasonal decorating limits, as I believe we just were:
I don't do much in the way of lights outside either.

A couple of reasons really:
I'm in the middle of the bush - who'd see 'em ?
and
balancing precariously atop a rickety ladder is not one of my favourite things to do

and then there's the size of the January power bill ...

[ and am I the only one who senses the inherent irony of power companies who exhort us to use energy wisely all year, and then sponsor competitions to find Australia's 'best' - which is to say most extreme - Christmas lights ? ]

so it's basically just nets of solar powered white fairy lights flung over some of the shrubs down the driveway.

Anyway this was David's choice from among the proffered Christmas quilts


The Christmas Geese [ which D insists are ducks ] were hand pieced in the late 80s, from a photo shown to me by an American visitor. She kindly sent me a copy of the Debbie Mumm pattern on her return home, but by then I'd already drafted it up, and finished the quilt.
My draft has much fewer pieces because it was for hand work, where the original took advantage of a lot of the then-current speed piecing methods ]
The one on his bed isn't really Christmassy in any way other than the inclusion of red
which reminds me ... I really need to dig out the red and the green pillowcases to match his red sheets.


Once again Bear felt that the photo taking process would be enhanced by his presence.

3 comments:

Donna Lee said...

And Bear is correct. He adds a je ne sais quoi to the photos.

I like David's choice of quilts/

Unknown said...

Bear needs a little Christmas hat

Alwen said...

Yes. A hat or antlers.