Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Share your creative space[s] part three - the Great Wall of Fabric

Three days ago we started at one end of my house, yesterday we were in the middle, and today we've reached the other end:
- this is an 8' x 15' room with no built in cupboards, so was probably intended to be a study or office.
As I don't need either of those, it seemed the logical place to store my:

fabric [ this is the actual QUILT fabric ] there is a satellite collection of evening fabrics for crazy patchwork, and also furnishing fabrics on the opposite wall ]

bolts of batting
odds and sods [ click on the photo if you need to read the labels! ]
quilt hoops
and
27 years worth of quilt magazines
Also in there, but not shown, are 2 wall units that used to be in my dining room, full of finished quilts, and some pretty old UFOs - from some time in the Cretaceous period and masquerading as class samples - and a small wardrobe that belonged to BFF Beryl's mum. It's full of patterns, class notes, etc

... and a partridge in a pear tree!

13 comments:

Helen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen said...

I would love to come over hand have a browse in your magazine collection. I love my magazines (and I'm not going to tell you how many I have) and I love looking through the old ones when I need inspiration. I can't imagine wanting to part with any of mine.

PS: sorry about deleting the comment, I made a typo mistake and wanted to fix it

Erica Spinks said...

I don't know where to start. Words fail me!
Erica

Marcie said...

yes, that stash would definitely be visible from space!

Lynne said...

A fun tour - thank you.

You are so organised.

Dawn said...

And my husband thinks I have a lot of fabric!

Donna Lee said...

Wow. I don't think my local fabric store has that much. How wonderful to walk in there and find inspiration.

Warty Mammal said...

Thank you for posting these photos. I've been admiring them for several days. Not commenting so much because I don't have anything worthwhile to say, but definitely enjoying.

Unknown said...

wow I wish my sewing room looked this good.. I have stuff strung everywhere!!! Thank you for the wonderful tour of your sewing goodies ;)
M

Sarah said...

I feel so restrained with my stash!

handmaiden said...

What a huge space you have...i might have access to chocolate but you win!
thanks for stopping by
Sharon

Anonymous said...

WOOOOOWWWWWW I am speachless!!!!
( and a bit jeleous)

catsmum said...

and of course there was all the stuff I gave away before I moved up here four years ago - several boxes of early quilt mags for a start ...
and fabric that I was never going to use that others could ...