Saturday, November 25, 2006

Dam it!

It has been a wee bit windy.
I now have about 35 feet of gum tree sitting in the dam. Not actually in the water because the water level is so low, but in the dam nonetheless. It used to be attached to this:

and as you can see, it narrowly missed flattening the pump house. Some of it is sitting on the tin pump house roof but luckily only a small branch otherwise the pump would've been kablooey.
At least I know where some of next year's firewood is coming from.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! That was a near thing! But knowing where the firewood is can be a very good thing, indeed.

Having to cut the firewood, on the other hand...

Anonymous said...

Totally off topic, I know. I saw your posting on What Not to Knit, and this is just to let you know that Nordstrom's is a very high-end American chain department store.

Not that I think you really cared, but I thought you might be curious. :)

mehitabel said...

Scary! I had a large limb come down from my liquidambar tree a couple of months ago--but nothing compares to having my giant 150-yr-old oak tree come down in my neighbor's yard! At least your pump house was spared, and it's nice to have the firewood!

Anonymous said...

Heavens to Betsy! Shades of Poor Judy from 7 little Australians!