Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ready... Set ... Go!!

and despite a late start, she's out of the blocks:


specs:
pattern - Broad Ripple Socks [ forever to be known as Bripple socks courtesy of Sheepish Annie ]
yarn - Handmaiden Casbah Sock [ 10% cashmere 10% nylon 80% merino ] from Canada, hand dyed by Irene from Jolly Jumbuck, South Oz
needles - set of 5 x 3.25mm dpns from the Op Shop [ Thrift Store ]

started lunchtime today after I cast off the Presto Chango Sweater for Riley which I promise faithfully to sew up after the Olympics are over

current mood: sunny despite the fact that my surgical procedure for next Monday was cancelled and the surgeon kinda forgot to tell me and I only found out because I rang to query the lack of supporting paperwork. Now scheduled for two weeks from Monday.

4 comments:

Rose Red said...

The socks look great - really like the striping!
Bummer about the procedure but I guess at least it's not months away.

Alwen said...

Oooh, now that's a good match for that yarn!

Sheepish Annie said...

The downside to those socks is that you will find yourself shouting, "Bripple!!!" at the oddest of times. It's a fun sort of word to say, really. And it sometimes helps release a little frustration when surgical procedures get cancelled.

Brrrripple!!!!! (it's even better when you really roll the "r..."

Lynne said...

Oooo! I take it back. I will knit "bripple" socks with self-striping yarn, I will, I will!