Monday, August 04, 2008

Happy Blogiversary to me!

This Friday evening, the historic Theatre Royal in Castlemaine will play host to several local choirs: the Chat Warblers, the Melbourne Millenium Chorus, and the Arcafellas, as we support these wonderful African school children - the Mafumani Choir.
We've been practising our African songs for months and it should be absolutely fab-u-lous ...
provided we have an audience
It wouldn't normally be a cause for concern because this is a town that is incredibly supportive of all the performing and visual arts but this Friday is 08.08.08 - yup - We are competing against the Opening Ceremony of the Beijing Olympics.
so
if you're in reach of Castlemaine, please put the VCR/DVD on record and come along for an evening of great music, song and dance.

this is actually my second Blogiversary and it sort of crept up on me so I've decided the celebrations can continue for a while. There WILL be the obligatory competition with prizes, just not today.

8 comments:

Lynne said...

Oooo! I hope people come, I wish I could. I've fallen in love with that part of Victoria - may have something to do with yarn and history! I'd move there except for WM's job and the cooooooooooooold!

Lynne said...

Oops! I forgot to add - happy 2nd blogiversary.

Anonymous said...

Happy 2nd anniversary!

Alice said...

Happy 2nd Blogiversary. If this is your second then it must have been at this time last year that we 'met'. I'm sure you haven't forgotten the comment that started it all? If you have, no doubt you will remember on 17 August...lol.

Sarah said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy happy blogiversary! I have enjoyed every word and visually devoured every picture.

Your choir/choral thing sounds fabulous - rich and varied. I wish I could be there :)

Sheepish Annie said...

Happy Blogiversary! What better way to celebrate than with good music? I'd love to come, but it's a bit of a commute...

Alwen said...

Happy blogiversary!

I'll go off and listen to Navan in your honor!

http://www.navan.org/mairneas.html