Saturday, March 17, 2007

Sh-sh-sh-shibori and this week's gratuitous cute cat





Place: The Hermitage at Daylesford [ about a 40 minute drive away on sunny country roads ]


The cast: the gorgeous Zoe from Purl's Palace which is my favourite YS [ can't be a LYS cos it's not really local ], and nine adventurous ladies some of whom I'd met previously. One of these was Pat who'd driven the 3+ hours from Apollo Bay last night. Oh, and moi of course.


The occasion: my first workshop for Purl's Palace... Shibori Dyeing on Silk


The specs: Gaywool Dyes on medium Habutae, 8 minutes in the microwave.


Here are some of the girls stitching serenely in the sunlit courtyard



The result: judge for yourself :]





Pole wrapping and a happy face




Pleating, folding and clamping




Stitching and tieing and the latest in fashionable headgear


Just look at how saturated those colours are! I luuurrve these Gaywool dyes.


It was a bit rushed towrds the end mainly because of the time getting them all through the 2 microwaves and I really didn't get to recap so maybe a slightly less leisurely lunch next time but otherwise nothing I'd change. Doing the much more labour intensive stitched and tied ones first was definitely the way to go.

2 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Don't know which is warming me up more: the sight of the sun on this snowy day we've got going on over here or all those rich colors! I suspect it may be a combination of the two. In any case, it was a welcome sight!

Miss Frou Frou said...

Susan, the shibori looks wonderful... particularly drawn to the reds - but then I'm a red girl, I guess.