Thursday, March 22, 2007

and the global Bloggers' Tea Party continues


The global teaparty continues. Thanks for stopping by. Is Lady Grey ok? or would you prefer Chai? Maybe peppermint? Russian Caravan? Do you think I have enough teapots to go round? Do you prefer a cup or a mug?








Laume's tea party post has inspired me to show you some of my collection of teapots and milk jugs. I'll leave some of the other tea related stuff till later as this is going to be picture-heavy enough.


Now if you've bopped on over to have tea with Laume you probably noticed that her teapot collection is quite eclectic. Right? Well, almost all of mine is blue and this will come as absolutely no surprise to anyone who actually knows me :] I'd actually love to have a pretty one with roses to match all my Royal Albert and Royal Doulton cups but somehow I always seem to acquire blue ones.

I've been actively resisting acquiring any more pots for a couple of years and I really only weakened because the one on the right of this photo which matches both my favourite dinner service and two of my milk jugs jumped at me at an antique fair in Bendigo. [ and why it was at an antiques fair I don't know because it's not even 'vintage' ] Maz you can back me up, right? I put up a valiant battle but the pot was just too strong... and at the Fryerstown Antiques Fair in January I got assaulted by the matching sugar bowl... but prior to those lapses I had been good for a long time. I even gave a couple away when I moved up here.


the little group with the coffee mug are miniatures ... the tallest is just over an inch ... so we're not going to get much tea out of them.


The novelty mantlepiece pot was a present from a long time student. I'm not really into the novelty stuff as a rule but this was blue and white ... and has a cat . I don't need to say any more do I?


okay I have to fess up to some more novelty pots:


a student found the black one at a garage sale for $10 and the other two were bought at Thrift Shops for a grand total of $9.


and I just realised that I didn't get a pic of grandma Marnie's well used, well worn silver plated pot.

8 comments:

crazyhaberdasher said...

Yes, when you have the chance to increase the matching pieces to your dinnerware set, why not take it?
...and this would be the perfect opportunity to show photos of your trio's.

Sheepish Annie said...

How lovely...tea is really such a pretty beverage. I never seem to do it justice. Half the fun of it is in the accessories.

Tanya Brown said...

What a marvelous collection! Thank you for sharing them and your T-shirt cozy from the previous entry.

Nicole & Phil said...

I am nota tea drinker....but I love seeing all the teaposts you can buy. It probably is a good thing that I do not like to drink tea....otherwise I am sure I would be a collector of unusual teapots!
Thanks for sharing!
Cheers!

Val said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Good to see someone else from Central Victoria blogging. Did you find me via Lee-Ann of Kyneton?

In answer to your question: For about 30 years we've been toying with the idea of moving to our block near Castlemaine, but as the years have gone by, we now think it is more likely, IF we do move, that we'd get a place in Castlemaine itself (level walk to shops and library!). Depending on the time of year and the footy fixture, we try to get to the area twice a month. We'll be coming up the next two weekends for the Castlemaine Festival.

Now for your blog: I love the blue teaware and quilts, and that's not just because I am a Carlton girl. The tea pots would go great in my kitchen! And we might have gone by each other this year at the Fryerstown Antique Fair. It's one of of favorite things to do over the Australia Day weekend.

I'll be stopping by your blog again!

Laume said...

Whoa! Now I don't feel quite so overwhelmed with my six tea pots (well, and an enamel one I didn't photograph, plus the couple of miniatures and my child's Fiestaware one. I barely have enough teapots for a decent sized tea party! I love the whole blue and white thing, but just couldn't do it. Some other color would sneak in and then I'd be off in another direction. The only thing I collect in a single color are moons. I collect blue moons.

I'm not big on the novelty shaped ones either but the cats are cute. I think my favorite piece is the polka dot pitcher. I collect pitchers too.

Linda Mullen said...

I have a few teapots too.

Funny that we collect some of the same things.

Lynn E said...

Well hi I am lynn from canada, I started collecting blue and white items fromthe time I was 17. I noticed we have a few peices in common.
The teapots lovely. My cousin collects teapots. but hers are more japanese style. I picked up a dragon teapot and server set it was at a garage sale for 5 dollars.