Monday, February 15, 2010

Sorry - can't talk ...

The figure skating is about to start so this will have to be brief:

Just as we did during the Summer Games in Beijing and the Tour De France last year, thousands of knitters and crocheters worldwide have settled in for 17 days of Ravelympics.
Most of the Aussies are in Team Doing A Bradbury

I have already competed in the Aerial Unwind
turning this - the cardigan that never quite made it


into this
300 grams of ready-to-go angora

I also participated in the WIPs Dancing event [ for long term works-in-progress ] with the Neverending Baby Shawl.
After almost four years of sporadic activity and a marathon 13 hour effort yesterday...

[ which meant that by 9.30 last night my hands were so cramped that I couldn't blog, and so stiff all over I could hardly walk ]


... it's finished.
By the last two rows it was taking over an hour to get around one side [ so almost 5 hours for one complete round ] and that whole border represents well over 30 hours work.

My next WIPs dancing event is already underway as I attempt to [finally] make a mate for the lonely Grace Notes sock that had it's genesis back in October 2008:
Sorry, gotta go, I'm in danger of missing the Pairs Figure Skating Short Program and that would be tragic.

9 comments:

Rose Red said...

Wow, that baby blanket looks fantastic with that edging! It's amazing what we can get done with a (relatively) short burst of action, isn't it! Yay you!

crazyhaberdasher said...

I think you deserve GOLD!!

Alwen said...

Looks like you are skating pretty fast!

Donna Lee said...

Wow. What a beautiful blanket and the socks look like a good project to finish. It's a wonder you can move after 13 hours of sitting in one place!

Go Team Do a Bradbury.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny...because we are watching the skating right now when I read this! God bless you my dear...want to see your work there when you are done!

Lynne said...

Figure skating - I've been waiting for that; why am I sitting in front of the computer? Oh yeah, to say again that the shawl is amazing.

And to say I should have joined he Ravelympics - you have made it clear that there were events in which I could participate; frogging some long term UFOs and finishing others among them (perhaps it's not too late!!)

catsmum said...

Go, Lynne, go! :]

Anonymous said...

Way to go! That blanket is beautiful, you are so clever. I am in the Rav-lympics. Charity Curling. I have 2 scarves to photograph, but weather is all bleak.
Lynne, Why not do your own little lympics.
Now to take Damien to school, get back, get settled with my water bottle.

Monika said...

Wow-that crochet Baby blanket is stunning! That's a lot of time for a blanket! I hope somebody will appreciate it!