Monday, March 30, 2009

spoiled brat

Found an interesting looking parcel waiting for me at the Post Office on Friday morning:

noticed that it had RAOK* [ random act of kindness ] as the top line of the return address

barely restrained the baser instinct that wanted to rip it open with my teeth then and there, right in the middle of the main street

ditto when I got back to the car which naturally contains scissors in the glove box

in fact I was a positive model of restraint and not only waited until I'd reached home, I even made myself a nice cuppa and took the whole lot out into the sun on the verandah



probably should've held off on that cuppa, cos look what was inside:

of course I needed to have a second cup of tea just so that I could 'christen' the lovely blue and white floral mug

so huge thankyou to Anne [ sadly blogless but she's stockingstitch on Ravelry]

and it probably goes without saying - but I will - that David thoroughly enjoyed the choc chicken when he got home

* we have a lovely aussie based RAOK group on Ravelry

5 comments:

Donna Lee said...

What a lovely bit of spoiling! I just looked at you festival photos. It looks like it was a great day. I'm not sure I could have crouched down and sat on my feet like that. They would have needed a crane to pick me back up!

Sheepish Annie said...

What a sweet gift! I get so excited when packages come, but I always try to wait a bit so I can enjoy it in the perfect setting.

How cute is that little chick peeking out of the cup?

Alwen said...

I'm a sucker for blue & white porcelain - pretty!

You were so restrained, too.

Rose Red said...

awww sweeeeeeeet (in so many ways!). Look at all the stamps on the envelope too - funny! What a lovely surprise.

Lynne said...

Ooooo! Stop tempting me! Don't you know that I've been avoiding R? I don't have time, I don't have time, I don't have time,...

Lovely gift.