Thursday, March 19, 2009

Economic downturn be damned

I'm no stranger to the concept of reduced discretionary spending, or a tightened belt, but sometimes you just have to buy something purely because it makes you smile amidst all the doom and gloom

and if it happens to cost less than that $3.50 cup of coffee, that you think twice about and then pass on ... well so much the better
Look who was waiting for me at one of the local Op Shops [ Thrift Stores ] on Tuesday when I was on a single minded - and ultimately successful - hunt for more old sheet music for collages :


no price tag and I was on tenterhooks as I asked 'how much ?'


and the answer? a princely $3 !


mineminemineminemine

14 comments:

Lindi said...

Wow! Scoop buy of the month!
She's fabulous and worth 10 times as much. Lucky lucky (and deserving) you!

Rose Red said...

Fabulous! I need to find me a good op shop!

(oh dear - word verification today is "puslurgy". ewwwwwwwww!)

Warty Mammal said...

What a find! She's beautiful. I'm green with envy, or maybe simply because I need to shower.

Unknown said...

Unbelievably cute!

TinkingBell said...

Oh she is utterly lovely! LUcky lucky you - I wouldn't have hesitated for a moment either!

lisette said...

wowee - you did extremely well :)

catsmum said...

Nadie and The Boy were quite emphatic that they don't like her - but that's ok cos I wasn't intending to pass her on LOL

crazyhaberdasher said...

Can she belly dance?!!

catsmum said...

well Maz, the wooden body ends at the waist - no hips to shimmy - but I could probably get her to do something vaguely Bollywood ! LOL

Alwen said...

Oh, she looks like she was meant for you!

mehitabel said...

She's wonderful! I'm going to a quilt show at the end of this month and they will have wonderful artist dolls on display--I'll be sure to take pictures to share! And as far as your Philistine daughter is concerned, well, let's hope she develops some taste as she gets older! (Joke, joke!)

Anonymous said...

jealous!

Helen said...

Definitely bargain of the year!

MadMad said...

Oh, very cool! Plus, haven't you heard? We're supposed to spend now. So buy her a friend!