Thursday, January 28, 2010

Nothing to blog about ... but has that ever stopped me ?

I miss blogging for all of two days and get multiple queries as to my status ... and that strikes me as a very good thing.
It's a very comfortable - and comforting - thought that people are watching out for me ...
but there's really no news today
no quilting, knitting, crochet or spinning has been happening [ because I'm procrastinating about the awful moment when I have to come to grips with unpicking the hand quilting on the current project, unbasting it, and changing the batting. Then rebasting and starting over again.]
There was a modicum of gardening, and a modest amount of goat wrangling
but basically I continued to do what I've been doing most of since January 1: namely a lot of reading.


**January:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - JK Rowling
The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown ( disappointing )
Loving Richard Feynman - Penny Tangey ( Young adult - okay except the weak ending )
From Dead to Worse - Charlaine Harris
Living Dead In Dallas - CH
Green Mill Murder - Kerry Greenwood
Blood and Circuses - KG
Ruddy Gore -KG
Urn Burial - KG
Raisins and Almonds - KG book 10
Death Before Wicket - KG
Away With the Fairies - KG
Murder In Montmartre - KG
Queen of the Flowers - KG
Murder In The Dark - KG
The Persian Pickle Club - Sandra Dallas
Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency - Douglas Adams
The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul - DA
Cocaine Blues - KG
Forbidden Fruit - KG book 20
Dead Until Dark - CH
Club Dead - CH
Skin Trade - Laurell K Hamilton
Seventh Son - Orson Scott Card
Red Prophet - OSC

and yes, I am a fairly fast [ some might say voracious ] reader. I'm also trying to get out of the habit of slouching in front of the idiot box till the wee small hours.
Well, at least when there's no knitting, etc. in the offing :]
It's not like there's actually anything on worth watching most of the time [ although all bets are off once the Winter Olympics starts ]

It has also been pointed out that there have been no pictures of the dawg for a while, so, mainly for Glennie and Moggie, here's a couple of totally gratuitous pics of his Beariness: one taken mid '09,

and here's his Lordship with the current [ half grown out ] summer haircut

15 comments:

Tracy said...

I like photos of Bear. really could be a twin for Scruff! Scruff has a new playmate and is very motherly these days

Tara said...

How are you liking the Charlaine Harris books? I have all of them here if you would like to borrow some from the fiestylibrary :)

catsmum said...

NAdie has 'em up to book 8 - but of course they're down there and I'm up here!
Have 'em all on hold at the Library but of course they'll all come in in the wrong order [ and I happen to know that I'm #6 on the list for books 4 & 5 ] so if I can borrow those two I'll be a happy camper

blessedspeedy said...

Good on you for blogging about almost nothing - I did the same last night.
Im challenging myself to see if I can blog everyday for the whole month on January and Im nearly there!!!
And boy have you read lots of books already this year!!!!!

Lynne said...

Wow! That's certainly some list! I've managed three books - in total I read them over six days!
* Pride and Prejudice
* Friday Night Knitters' Club
* Walking With Jane Austen (non-fiction)

Anonymous said...

You are one speed reader. I have read a total of 1 book.

* 92 Pacific Boulevard ( A Cedar Cove book) by Debbie Macomber

I am nearly finished 'The Scarpetta Factor' by Patricia Cornwell.

But I do have 6 projects on the knitting needles; that I have been doing while watching the Tennis.

Sheepish Annie said...

Once I figured out that I could borrow books from the school library (without due dates and fines!) I started reading new stuff like crazy.

Still think you've got me beat there, though. Great list!

lisette said...

he's such a handsome lad :)

we went on a huge kg binge last year she's terribly addictive

catsmum said...

Oh yes, KG's totally addictive Lisette - I reread her about once a year. Love all the Phrynne's except Death By Water which was poorly plotted and underwritten.
Didn't much care for the third in the Corinna series but love the rest including the latest: Forbidden Fruit ... less about the [ admittedly gorgeous, but I really don't buy them as a couple ] Daniel and more of the actual 'detecting and baking'

ozjane said...

Moggie is not at all sure that is not her up there on top of your blog....she says....Mum....that cat looks very like moi....
But she does understand that Bear is different and totally beautiful.
I found a picture of my last dog tonight in spending hours going through old photos and scanning them when I should be doing paper work.

We are thankful for photos but Mum is a bit dumb and wants to know what the initials at the end of the titles mean.......this is going to be so obvious I will be embarrassed...I love Masie Moscoe...have you read the rest of the series.....I love them.
I never think to actually write down what I read........
I did dip into Nigella Express every night for a while but some nasty person wanted it back at the library and my library elf was not working as the library are making us renew our cards each year..as if there is not enough paperwork in the world.
Bed......

Blessings each day said...

You can't ever post too many pictures of Bear. He's so slim and trim, unlike our Tinkabelle and now Sadie Mae has put on a few pounds, all due to Michael having to give them table scraps as well as their own food! Does Bear ever get table scraps?

I did some yarn organizing and what a mess I have right now...it's everywhere and the cats love it and try to unroll every skein they can!

blessings and hugs,

marcy

Acornbud said...

What a cute dog! I feel for you having to undo all that work on the quilt.

Nadie said...

I went through the 8 True Bloods in the first couple of weeks of Jan. Hope the 9th is well on its way... (hint, hint). Stalled a bit after finishing them, it's taking a while to get engrossed in the new Dan Brown, so my Jan tally stayed at 8.

catsmum said...

Yes Nadie my sweet, #9 is now on it's way with a couple of little friends to keep it company :]

Monika said...

Awe, he's a cutie! We have the same chew toy but in black.