It will probably come as no surprise to anyone who's seen the photo of the pregnant suitcase I dragged back from Tassie, that the yarn cupboard needed a bit of an overhaul in order to find room for the increase in stash due to Beryl's largesse.
While I concentrated on hauling it all out into the clear light of day,
Bear helped by squashing some of the more unruly elements into submission when they threatened to make a break for the great outdoors
After I'd recovered from the panic attack occasioned by not being able to stuff it all back into the cupboard, I did a bit of tweaking here and some squooshing there and this was the result.
By this stage I was starting to feel a bit panicked and light headed - must've been all those wooly pheromones circulating in such an enclosed space.
Anyway, some of the tubs went straight back in without inspection of the contents and I still have to relabel everything, but
that doesn't look too unreasonable, does it?
If I take out that black garbage bag full of fleece, there's a whole 'nother row behind
I may need to knock out a few things in chunky yarns to clear some space
cos if I keep on making projects like these - finished this morning - I'll never whittle it down
and for the record, sock #1 was made in April, supposedly for grandson Riley ... sock #2 was started last night after I got sick of the first one whining about being lonely. It is extremely unlikely that Riley's feet are still this small so they'll go to whoever needs 'em first.
pattern: Baby Steps from Yarn Magazine no 3
needles: 3.75mm dpns
yarn: Spotlight Basics
and yes, Nadie, that is a pack of PINK yarn in the second last photo but I'm going to dye it [ and the pack of bright yellow that is hiding behind it !!! ]