Thursday, January 22, 2009

warning warning: brain implosion immanent

If you know anything about the layout of Castlemaine [ which granted most of you don't ] then you would know that the Post Office is in the same street as David's day placement albeit about a kilometre away - but in the direction of home so it's no biggy to stop off and check the post office box [ no mail deliveries this far out y'know ]... and then as the Library is almost next door, to see if any of my reservations have come in.
Said library only gets deliveries on Mondays and Thursdays, so inevitably when I put in a bunch of reserves, it all arrives in one hit.

As was the case today

Hot Textiles byKim Thittichai
Layers to Stitch by the late great Valerie Campbell Harding and the wonderful Maggie Grey
Print Pattern and Colour by Ruth Issett
and
Fusing Fabric by Margaret Beal


This largess was just about enough to make me lose my somewhat tenuous grip on sanity
and then
I went to the post office and found my order from The Book Depository [ funded by Ma-in-law's Christmas and birthday present ] had come in:

Stitch Cloth Paper and Paint by Angie Hughes
Creating Sketchbooks for Embroiderers and Textile Artists


Tomorrow if you're wondering who the gibbering wreck in the corner of my rumpus room is ... 't'will be me

7 comments:

Tara said...

I will have to come over and liberate you from the confines of said books by taking them off your hands then :p No? lol

Lynne said...

Oh-oh! have fun!! Hope David is at day care tomorrow or he may wonder where his mum has gone and who this stranger is!

PS I'm jealous! It costs us $2 [or is it $5?] to have a book sought from another council's library and if they can't get it there is no refund!! It's cheaper to save up and buy the books!

catsmum said...

Lynne
our library charges $1 for reserves of adult fiction only payable on pickup, so given that the bulk of my reserves relate to non fiction topics like knitting, spinning, quilting, etc etc etc, I rarely need to stump up for them

Alwen said...

Our library co-op has its catalog online, so I can put a hold on a book from my computer. It's so dangerous!

What lovely books! Tell your brain to go have a roll in them, like Bear!

Sheepish Annie said...

Dear God...I don't even have to choose between them and yet I still find myself paralyzed by all the possibilities!

Such bounty!!!!

kari and kijsa said...

Just catching up- have a fabulous weekend!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Warty Mammal said...

This looks like heaven. I envy the variety and quality of that selection.