Wednesday, January 28, 2009

on the habits of Bears

Considering that he gets the shakes at the sight and sound of a bath running and isn't much fonder of the shower, Bear has a fascination with hose water that borders on obsession

he sniffs

extends a paw for a tentative pat

he pounces

he scrabbles around in it as if trying to dig out some burrowing small furry rodent

woe betide any plant that gets in his way ... he's a Bear on a mission to discover where this wet stuff is coming from and going to

which may go a long way towards explaining why the contents of said hose was subsequently applied to his small furry person before I would allow him to cross my threshold

6 comments:

Lynne said...

Uh-huh! I can understand that!

Sheepish Annie said...

Isn't it weird how all pets are fascinated with the water until it is time for a bath? Then it is suddenly the enemy!!!

I think my Absurdly Gi-normous Kitty needs a little bath. I am not looking forward to this...

Charlene said...

I can't believe the spirit that dog has. I love the second picture where he's looking up at you. His eyes say everything. What a sweetie!

Unknown said...

You have been tagged :)

Anonymous said...

He obviously knows how to get cooled off on a hot day.
A bear with a brain no less.
We shall not comment on a Moggie that fled out into the heat this morning like a flash of greased lightening.
Thankfully she is easy to catch.

Alwen said...

I used to have a dog that hated a bath, but loved the dirty, oozy-bottomed, algae-slimed little pond at the far end of our property.

My black dog likes to roll in the snow - I don't think her fur is ever so soft and clean as in the winter.