Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A-Maze-ing

In between the 'being crook' [ do my American friends understand that term ? - it's Aussie for being unwell ] and the multiple sets of overlapping house guests, there has still been quilt progress. Not as much as I would like, but progress nonetheless. Basically, whenever I have 5 spare minutes [ and provided that I actually think about it ] I wander down to that end of the house and sew a triangle or two or three. The triangles of the left hand side border is seamed together. The rest is still in units.

ETA: I'm not sure what happened but three of the photos that were attached to this post seem to have just disappeared into the ether. As two of them were the ones of the quilt, anyone who saw the post without them will be wondering what the heck I'm going on about a quilt for. They were there this morning, so I've got NO idea what happened. Anyway, I'm reinstating them. If you're reading this and there are suddenly two copies of some of the pics ? Well just let me know.

12 comments:

Tanya Brown said...

I'm sorry you've been under the weather. Your quilt is magnificent, though. I can't wait to see what you have planned for the corners.

Anonymous said...

I learned "crook" from a Jan Morris article and sorry to hear you aren't feeling top notch. Hope you're feeling frisky again soon :)

The picture with the cat is absolutely priceless!

MadMad said...

This is really my happy place... I love coming here, and seeing the awesome pix of everything. Hope you're un-crooked soon.

crazyhaberdasher said...

Is Ms Caramel coping with it all? Two cats and now kids in the house....what is a poor kitty to do! Never a dull moment at chez catsmum!
...and by the way, the quilt is looking fabulous, of course!
Saw the article in the latest DUQ's and it looked fabulous too!
Hope all are well.

Sara said...

Sorry to hear you've been ill...hope you are better now. Love the quilt...

What is the cat thinking about doing to the baby goat??? That is the cutest photo...

Sheepish Annie said...

Quilts! Goats! Kitties!!! And a new cool word to use that will confound my co-workers...this post has been a gold mine for me in so very many ways.

April said...

I want some baby goats NOW!!!

mehitabel said...

Ah, I learned about being crook when I had a houseguest from Oz! Sorry to hear that you've been under par--obviously, though, you've managed quite a bit of quilting and "kidding around." Love the picture of cat and kid!

Ozjane said...

That last photo looks like Caramel being brave.......or have I got the name wrong........!!

catsmum said...

Actually I think it was Caramel being more than a little unnerved by the interloper in the kitchen!

Anonymous said...

what a fun blog! I am new to goats and being introduced to them in a hurry...with only 4 goats, one has tested positive for CAE, one has mastitis and one has a compound fracture...only one with no issues. :) Talk about a crash course! :) I guess I will be the resident goat expert in my area of the country...

you can check out my blog at www.crazymountaingoats.com if you are interested. btw, I have 2 goats to give away...pet quality...if you know anyone who might be interested!

catsmum said...

I think April would take you up on that offer, Ms Anonymous, were you in Montana not quite so far from her in California!