- This is why we are happy that the girls take more after Rosie than Blackadder. He's got a pedigree as long as your arm and the sweetest nature, but not exactly tops in the looks department. He does make pretty babies though :]
- PND and Brenda are joking about hanging some of those helium filled baby balloons over his pen.
- PNDs girlies. Mum in the middle is in kid to Blackadder as well, so Ruby and Rowan will have half sisters in about a month. The other two are her daughters from last year [different sire] All much shorter in the legs department than Rosie is and although the mummy is the same mix as my baby girls, she threw more to the anglo nubian. I suspect, from the length of leg they have now, that Ruby and Rowan will be taller.
- this is my spiffy new cooking thermometer. Not that I'm going to cook with it. Nope. It's for getting the milk temps just right when I'm pasteurising and when I'm heating up the bottles for the babies.
- Gotta love that macro button on the camera that lets you take photos in so close and so clearly - if you don't know whether or not your camera has one, there's probably a button or setting with a symbol that looks like a tulip.
- Robyne-with-an-e and Paul came over from Daylesford this morning for a baby cuddle and to trim Rosie's toes. Robyne is one of my quilting and knitting friends. The shared love of goats is an added bonus. She bought Rosie a baby card [!] and fussed because she didn't have a shower gift. We had a lovely light lunch of soup and bread followed by yummy ginger and date cake from the Daylesford Market. Great big gobs of crystalised ginger and SO moist from the dates. Fabbo. Check out Robyne's gorgeous Noro Silk Garden cardi.
- Rowan's ears don't seem to be the narrow Saanen ears after all. They seem to have uncurled a bit so that they're more like Ruby's - more the floppy, broad, anglo-nubian.
- Val and The Man Who Cooks popped in yesterday also for baby snuggles but we forgot to get any photos.
- Keep forgetting to tell you [ did you like my attempt at casual ? ] that my Licorice Allsorts quilt is in the current Down Under Quilts as a project. Normally this would be the source of great excitement but between the arrival of the babies and the health problems, it kinda skipped my attention. For which I really must apologize to Erica ... it's a brilliant issue IMHO and so was last month. All mags have some issues that are better than others but Erica consistently gets a good mix. The photo in the mag is of course much brighter and clearer - this was just one I took at our quilt show last year. The funny thing is that in the mag, isolated on the page without any visual cues as to size, the quilt looks so much smaller than the queen size it is. If I was just flipping through and saw it, without checking the written measurements, I'd probably visualise maybe a bit over a metre square.
Sunday, September 16, 2007
bullet points and pics
Been a busy weekend and I'm probably still not back on form after the episode on Thursday night, so it's a bullet points post plus pics tonight I'm afraid: