Tuesday, June 19, 2007

three minutes to midnight

You know that Doomsday_Clock thing? The symbolic clockface that shows how close we are to the end of the world? Well, the official one is currently set at 11.55pm but on Sunday afternoon, I set the "Catsmum quasi-official doomsday clock pertaining to all things feline" forward by three minutes with the arrival of Nadie with the grandkittens Suki and Sumi. Sophie immediately flew to Defcon One, Oakley retreated to his basket and the obligatory hissings and growlings were mutually exchanged followed by the equally customary Hiding of Sophie Under Mum's Quilt And Refusing To Come Out Even For Food.
Things have quietened a tad so I'm easing back a minute, as reflected in the title to this post. Make no mistake though, I'm on full alert.
As soon as the girls realise that Nadie has gone back to Melbourne without them, en route to Townsville, and the grandkittens are here for two WEEKS... well... anything could happen.
Suki has stopped growling at me ... mostly. Sumi is skittish but fairly resigned ... oops no ... three way mexican standoff in the studio... gotta go. Bye.

3 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Reminds me of the day I brought The Big, Fluffy Kitty home. Her Smaller, Less Fluffy Counterpart was less than pleased. It was touch and go for a while there...and we still have our days!

Have fun with all the furry little conflicts. I'll light a candle for you.

crazyhaberdasher said...

I was wondering how the catwoman of Castlemaine was going??!!

knitaly said...

I came to see you, but I didn’t imagine you were so far away!
I found these informations about Tocco da Casauria:
http://www.abruzzo2000.com/abruzzo/ pescara/toccodacasauria.htm
I added a space to the link because I feared it was too long and could be trimmed.
Did you find out what kind of Italian you speak?
Happy to meet you “E’ stato un piacere incontrarti” Catsmom!