Tuesday, June 01, 2010

yes, yes, bad blogger

If ever I seem to be not blogging as regularly as usual, or the posts are mainly photographic, there are probably one of two things happening ...

a] I'm unwell and don't feel the need to overshare
b] there's so much going on that I don't have time to sit down and construct a riveting post [ and when this happens I generally fall back on interesting photos ]

May was a b]-option month

some of it you know about
some not
so you're basically getting a precis version

Obviously top of the list was the arrival [10 days late ] of my 10 pound 4 ounce grandson, Noah James Iacuone.

that was sufficiently momentous that I have trouble remembering the rest.

There were 6 trips down to - and through - Melbourne. This is more than my average for any given year and was made up of

family visits x2, [Mothers Day and the new baby so good obviously ]
opera x2 [ so-so ]
dentist x2 [ 'nuff said ]

Nadie came up every second weekend to work on her first quilt, while I finally got stuck in to her wedding quilt. Mother/ daughter bonding activities are always going to be good. We are now negotiating how much of my stuff she can appropriate, and discussing the purchase of a better sewing machine.

I taught a couple of classes at Daylesford: Beginners Crochet and the monthly casual drop-in patchwork guidance group

There was a lot of raking/piling/ bonfiring / weeding and general block maintenance

Nadie and I totally reorganised the rumpusroom and moved pretty much every stick of furniture therein.

There was a modicum of goat wrangling, including finally working out where RubyHoudini has been getting out - sometimes several times a day - for the last 5 months.
This led to some very makeshift fence mending.
What is left of my garden is very grateful

I read [lots]
I knitted [ lots ]
I gardened [lots - mostly replacing the stuff Ruby decimated ]
I didn't make it to quilting
or choir

I fell and bruised both knees

and I got bitten by a spider while I was collecting wood. It fell down my shirt.
No I don't know what type it was.
By the time I was finished with the " euuuuck.... spider ..." accompanied by a frenzied tarantella and partial disrobing, Spidey had decided that discretion was the better part of not getting smooshed.

it was unpleasant for a few days, I still have a faint bite mark 2-3 weeks on, but otherwise I'm fine.

and no, I'm not showing you where I got bitten !


crazyhaberdasher said...

Wow! ... that was the month that was!
You must now be immune to anything that bites, you might have to start wearing knee pads (knitted?!!), and a back brace (raking, burning off, moving furniture, goat wrangling, fence mending), you've got to look after that back ........ well, where's a man when you need one - okay, possibly in two weeks time!!

Doris Sturm said...

WEll, sounds like you have a very good reason (or reasons) to not post. I'm glad you have a eventful life, because I'd rather be living it than writing about it anytime.

Congratulations on your new grandbaby! Hope your knees are better and glad it wasn't a brown recluse spider. Those scare me! That's another reason I don't like digging in the dirt anymore - around here, there's way too many bugs and I'm hibernating indoors with the A/C on (and crocheting) till after summer!

Have a great week and enjoy your family!

gayle said...

It's funny that when we have the most blog-fodder, we have the least time to write about it...
Congrats on that new grandson!

Lynne said...

Now I know why someone invented the saying "it never rains but it pours"! LOL

Glad the spider wasn't of the dangerous variety!

DD and I have just returned from taking GS#1 to visit his great-grandmother for her birthday (a 540km trip each way). No patchworking but plenty of time together!