Tuesday, October 23, 2007

meet the new neigh-bours

Just before 5 o'clock this arvo, PND's Brenda telephoned me to come over, so of course I thought that it was because Ruby and Rowan's half-siblings [ due this week ] had arrived... but no... there was mummy goat clearly still enceinte.
Obviously though something was up. Brenda had a grin from ear to ear and a conspiratorial gleam in her eye.
and then I spotted these two
all together now ...awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
no names yet so suggestions might be welcome

ETA Yes I guess it's a bit hard to suggest names if you don't know the sexes - the big one is a mare and the little one with the mohawk is a colt. Apparently the people were selling 40 of them - marriage break up and the hubby was refusing to feed them. Common tale around here I'm afraid... and no I'm NOT getting a horse. It's expensive enough feeding four goats, three cats, two ducks and a partridge in a pear tree. I'll just visit these.

9 comments:

crazyhaberdasher said...

So, two females? two males? one of each?

Sheepish Annie said...

Can't think of names. Too overwhelmed by the cuteness and those deep, dark eyes. Must rest until it passes. Too. Much. Cute.

MadMad said...

Gorgeous! The mare reminds me of one of those suede My Little Pony dolls - you can practically feel how soft she is, just from the photo!

Rose Red said...

Oooh, pretty! I suggest Deborah Harry for the mare (I know, obvious, but still!) and Jon Bon Jovi for the foal. Weeeeeeeeeeee!

Tanya Brown said...

Wow, they have sweet faces! I do like seeing all of the animal friends you have.

crazyhaberdasher said...

How about for the colt with the mohair, because he looks like a punk, something cute like Brewster (Punkie) from the 80's. Charlotte for the mare? (after the sort of light charcoal colour?)????????

crazyhaberdasher said...

Sorry, not thinking straight - should be MOHAWK!! not mohair!!!

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

They are so cute... names which come to mind are :-
Bonnie and Clyde
Kylie and Jason
Sonny and Cher
Tina T and Jimmi H

Please do let us know their names when the decision has been made.

Best Wishes
Maggie

Nadie said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww