Basically I've been feeling blecch from the infection, taking penicillin because I react to sulphinamides and some of the related ones as well BUT Cephalexin gives me a nasty stomach ache so still not great. Then of course there was the four+ hours spent Clogging [appalachian tap ] on Sunday at Daylesford . Illadvised when one is not at peak fitness, but I'd made the committment to be there and no way I was going to miss it. Plus I had a great time - no camera though so you miss out on the sight of a middle-aged Catsmum tapping her feet into blisters. Got to cue for the first time in ages and proved I haven't lost that particular skill. David spent the time alternatively watching the dancing and DVDs and eating enough junk food to last a month so a good day in his book I think :] I pretty much fell in a heap yesterday - then turned around, blisters and all, and drove back last night for the usual monday night class - got told I can cue as much as I like in future :] - and today I have David home with a cold which he seems to have shared with me, so I'm taking full advantage and staying in the jammies in front of the teev and the fire with only occasional forays to feed said fire or the livestock.
and speaking of livestock as I believe we just were:
Ms Caramel is still living in the linenpress most of the time, still not happy, and I have to say she would have to be the single most unlikeable cat I have ever met in my life. Oakley and Sophie share that view. Every overture is still being met with claws and/or teeth. She is a nasty, vicious little piece of work and she'd better settle down soon while I still have a few shreds of skin left unscarred.
the rest of my life in bulletpoint:
- [Re]reading HP and the Order of the Phoenix, to be followed by Half Blood Prince before Nadie brings up Deathly Hallows next week. Also reading Norah Gaughan's Knitting Nature.
- Knitting - well nothing really because the wrist was still sore but I'll get back to the current baby cardi that I haven't posted about in the next day or so -
- crocheting STILL on the ripple baby blanket for friend Robyn to give some friend of hers I've never met. She thinks that she's doing me a favour by giving me something to 'keep me busy'. LOL Little does she know!!
- quilting? Well I'll probably get back to finishing the binding/hanging on the current rock thingy and I've decided to hang it sideways after all and bugger the text. Upside down just looks flat out wrong but sideways not so much. I did even consider chopping it into three or four 'fragments' but decided against it.
- I've finalised the design for the quilt that I have to do within the next month or so for the Johnstone collection and I'll fill you in on that next time. Not something I'm doing willingly but one makes a committment - or rather gets nagged into one - so I'll do it. Can you tell me why do it is that people think I have nothing to do in my life except their own particular pet little project? Yeah, yeah, I've already heard the one about how I should take it as a compliment. Today I'm not buying it... and for some reason I feel like I have to apologise because I'm having a negative day. What is this major flaw in my character that I can't admit to being bummed when I'm not well?
I'll leave you with these: an oilslick on the wet road in town yesterday morning - who WAS that mad woman crouching in the middle of the road with a camera? - and my quilt Oilslick [ made in 1995 but some of you won't have seen it ] I'm giving you two photos because neither of them is really true for colour.